Saturday, February 16, 2008

Best Villain Ever?

I think he is. Even better than Hannibal Lecter! Javier Bardem is Anton Chigurh, a haunting and brilliantly chilling hired hit-man, killing his victims with a slaughterhouse cattle-gun in No Country for Old Men, which I saw last week. Bardem is my pick for this year's Best Supporting Actor Oscar. And if No Country for Old Men does win the best movie Oscar, it will be because of Bardem. This is one villian who is sure to haunt viewers long after the final credit has rolled.



My pick for the Best Movie Oscar?





Of the 5 shortlisted, I have seen Atonement, No Country for Old Men and Juno. Atonement is superb, with brilliant performances allround (the best part for me was using the typewriter as a musical instrument). No Country for Old Men is probably the favourite to win, but I really want Juno to win! Ellen Page plays 16 year old Juno MacGuff, with the knack of being funny and brutal at the same time. This has to be one of the best comedies lately, and yeah, the soundtrack is great too.

Take this Oscar Quiz to test how much you know about this year's event.


No comments: